When Life Turns Upside Down: Finding Stability through God’s Comforting Peace
Author: Jay Younts
When Life Turns Upside Down: Finding Stability through God’s Comforting Peace is a small book for ordinary people, and those who help them, facing new and challenging circumstances such as the coronavirus.
Mankind is not in control of the world. Throughout history there have been moments when God has made this powerfully clear in the space of a heartbeat. These are the times when life seems to turn upside down.
This small book applies the truth of the Holy Spirit through his word so that each of us may know God’s comforting peace in troubled times. Since God remains in loving, compassionate control of our lives, our hearts can still praise and proclaim the beauty of the gospel, even when life is upside down.
- Foreword by Tedd Tripp
- Who Controls Tomorrow? | The unlimited power of God
- When Life Turns Upside Down
- The Fear Factor
- The Dangerous Blame Game | The impact of the World, the Flesh, and the Devil
- Understanding the Fall | The groaning creation
- Perspective: This is not the first time
- When Upside Down is Really Right Side Up
- Your Anchor is the Gospel
- Your Future is Secure
- Appendix 1—Bringing Comfort to Your Children
- Appendix 2—Bringing Comfort to Your Community
- Ordinary people, whether believers or unbelievers
- Churches and ministries—can be purchased in bulk for giving away
Features and benefits
- A subject on everyone’s mind
- Timeless truths from Scripture
- Applies biblical principles
- The author himself has faced extreme trials
- Includes practical ideas for your children and your community
About the author
John A. (Jay) Younts has been teaching and speaking on current issues for over 30 years. He serves as a ruling elder at Redeemer Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church in Moore, South Carolina. He is an experienced blogger, having served Shepherd Press in this capacity for several years.He and his late wife, Ruth, have five adult children.
In addition to When Life Turns Upside Down, he is the author of Everyday Talk, Everyday Talk About Sex, and What About War?
We Also Recommend